We have a busy calendar full of opportunities to learn about DNA this October, including stops in Plainfield, Brownsburg, and Middlebury as well as multiple workshops in Hamilton County.
Brownsburg Public Library, 1:00p.m.
DNA Basics: Adding DNA To Your Genealogy Toolkit
- Are you thinking about purchasing a DNA kit? Want to learn more about how it can help you with your genealogy research? Ann Raymont will provide an introduction to DNA testing and go over the features of commercial DNA testing. This event is free but registration is required: (http://brownsburg.evanced.info/signup/Calendar)
Middlebury Community Public Library, 9:30a.m.-12:30p.m.
DNA Basics: DNA Testing and Genealogy
- CIDIG Presenter Ann Raymont will present two sessions providing an introduction to DNA and Genealogy:
10:00 -11:00 Session 1: Adding DNA to Your Genealogy Toolkit11:15 – 12:30 Session 2: My AncestryDNA Results are In. Now What?Cost: $20 advance registration by October 1. $25 registration at door. More details available here.
Getting the most out of AncestryDNA
- CIDIG’s monthly series of workshops at the Hamilton East Public Library in Fishers returns with an in-depth exploration of AncestryDNA. Steven Frank will guide you through some of the recent changes and hidden features within AncestryDNA. This lecture is appropriate for those who have already attended one our DNA Basics lectures.
Indiana State Library
One-on-One DNA Consultations
- On the second Saturday of every month the Indiana State Library, the genealogy room staff is available to help with your genealogy questions. CIDIG also provides DNA experts if anyone requests an appointment to discuss DNA results. Registration is required.
Carmel Clay Public Library, 1p.m.-2p.m.
DNA Basics: Tests and what to do with the results.
- As part of Carmel Clay Public Library’s ongoing Genealogy series, DNA expert Ann Raymont will present a workshop on the latest in DNA testing in the world of genealogy.
Noblesville Hamilton East Public Library 9:30p.m.-12:30p.m. (EVENT FULL)
DNA and Genealogy
- CIDIG Presenters Angela Guntz and Andrea Ackermann present two in depth presentations on DNA: “How to Connect a Family Tree to DNA Results”: Creating and uploading Gedcom files and DNA raw data to various testing companies to identify potential matches and expand family lines. “Getting the Most Out of Your AncestryDNA Matches”: Discover tips and tricks for navigating AncestryDNA pages. You’ll learn more about your matches and how they may be related to you! Registration is required. The event is currently full. However, you may join the waiting list at the link above.
Muncie Carnegie Library, 2:00p.m.-4:00p.m.
Genealogy Information Fair
- The Muncie Public Library and Delaware County Historical Society are hosting a Genealogy Information Fair on Sunday, October 21st at the Carnegie Library in downtown Muncie. CIDIG will be one of the groups present with information.
Indiana State Library, 10:00a.m.-3:30p.m.
Indiana Genealogy and Local History Fair
- The Indiana State Library will host the annual Indiana Genealogy and Local History fair in downtown Indianapolis. Admission is free and open to the general public. CIDIG will be one of over 30 organizations and exhibitors in attendance.